BSCAA works for it’s members…
The BSCAA is Australia’s peak industry representative body for the building services industry. Our Association members include contractors for cleaning, security, facilities management and grounds maintenance. The BSCAA provides leadership for members and the provision of a range of relevant and quality services. We seek to work with Government and other industry stakeholders to improve the professionalism of the industry and all those that participate within it.
Fair Work ruling
The Fair Work Commission is an independent body and deliberated for a long time over the many submissions it received from all sections of the community before releasing its decision on penalty rates.
The decision does not impact on the cleaning or security industries as it only relates to awards in the Retail, Fast Food, Hospitality and Pharmacy sectors. In the majority of cases Sunday rates have been reduced from double time to time and a half, in line with Saturday rates and Public Holiday rates from double time and a half to double time and a quarter in these awards.
In all other Awards the penalty rates have not been altered.
BSCAA strongly supports compliance and advises all employers to adhere to award conditions
News from NT
RapidClean Store Supports Indigenous Australians
RapidClean now has a store in Darwin which is a joint venture between Ironbark Aboriginal Corporation and Principal Products.
BSCAA Membership Benefits
- Advice on all matters relating to employment
- How to avoid financial penalties for incorrect payment of wages/allowances
- Access to our dedicated compliance website WeComply
- How to minimise workers’ compensation costs
- Award information and advice
- Assistance with public liability and other insurances
- Provision of a wide range of industry specific training courses & workshops