The BSCAA Security Division member companies enjoy the following benefits:
- Regular updates on changes to legislation and other regulations which affect you industry;
- Interpretation of Security Services Industry Award 2010 and Security Industry Act .
- Documentation and advice on statutory provisions and the National Employment Standards, such as entitlements to various leave provisions, hours of work, unfair dismissal, equal employment opportunity, Worker’s Compensation, Superannuation, termination and redundancy, etc.
- Interpretation of the differences in types of employment, including permanent, casual, permanent part-time, penalties;
- Payroll advice and comprehensive BSCAA Wage Rates Schedules,
- WH&S tools, including your legal responsibilities and Duty of Care, Fitness for Work Policy and updates on new WH&S legislation and what they mean to your business.
- Access to the Members Only section of our website.
Security Industry of ACT
The security industry in ACT is governed by the Security Industry Act 2003 and the Security Industry Amendment Act 2011. The Office of Regulatory Services(ORS) falls within the Justice and Community Safety Directorate and is responsible for regulatory and support services that aim to protect the public interest in key areas including security. The ORS has produced the Security Industry Licensing Practice Manual to assist in the interpretation, licensing and compliance with the Security Industry Act 2003.
Modern Award for the Security Industry
The Security Services Industry Award 2010 for the security industry took effect from 1 January 2010, and operates nationally.
All employers are required to make available to their employees a copy of the relevant award and a copy of the National Employment Standards . All new employees must be provided with a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement.
A full range of resources for members ,specifically developed to assist you in running your business, some of which include:
- OH&S system including Induction manual for employees , designed specifically for security companies
- Fitness For Work Policy
- BSCAA Security Services Industry Award 2010 Wage Schedules
To see the full range of resources visit the Members Only section.