Clean Food Handling Area
This course covers the legislative and cleaning requirements to maintain food-handling areas where the work does not involve direct food contact. This unit is not appropriate for a person who has direct contact with food, raw materials or ingredients.
To log in to an existing course click here.
Food-handling areas include food courts and industrial food-processing plants.
The course teaches students legal requirements, hygiene and cleaning procedures when working in a food handling area. Selecting the appropriate equipment, chemicals and cleaning methods is essential to maintaining a hygienic, clean and safe food handling environment.
The course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry.
This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the accredited unit of competency, CPPCLO3038 Clean food-handling areas
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au.
If you work in a position that requires you to prepare food you should complete the food handler’s course found on the Hospitality Institute of Australasia website www.hia.edu.au.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Introduction to food handling and hygiene
- Section 2 – Assess cleaning requirements for food handling area
- Section 3 – Select cleaning equipment and chemicals
- Section 4 – Prepare for cleaning
- Section 5 – Cleaning food handling and food service areas
- Section 6 – Clean and store equipment
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Clean a food handling area|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
Section 1 – Introduction to food handling and hygiene
- 1.1 Food Handling
- 1.2 Hygiene and the law
- 1.3 What is a food safety program?
- 1.4 Food Hazards and food handling principles
- 1.5 How does food become contaminated?
- 1.6 Bacterial contamination
- 1.7 Cross-contamination
Section 2 – Assess cleaning requirements for food handling area
- 2.1 Identifying WHS (Work, Health and Safety) hazards
- 2.2 Maintaining a clean workplace
- 2.3 Cleaning and sanitising
- 2.4 Cleaning techniques
Section 3 – Select cleaning equipment and chemicals
- 3.1 Protective clothing and equipment
- 3.2 Colour coding
- 3.3 Cleaning equipment
- 3.4 Cleaning Chemicals (Detergents)
- 3.5 Chemical Sanitizing
Section 4 – Prepare for cleaning
- 4.1 Personal hygiene
- 4.2 Policies regarding eating, drinking, chewing gum, and smoking
- 4.3 Washing your hands at appropriate times
Section 5 – Cleaning food handling and food service areas
- 5.1 Creating a cleaning schedule
- 5.2 Sample cleaning schedule
- 5.3 Monitoring the cleaning program
- 5.4 Cleaning and preparing tables and public areas
- 5.5 Cleaning spills in food service areas
- 5.6 Waste disposal
Section 6 – Clean and store equipment
- 6.1 Cleaning Tools and Supplies
- 6.2 Dispose of used chemical solutions
- 6.3 Prepare for the next shift
Got any queries or questions?
Just call 02 4962 4435 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.