Hard Floor Stripping & Sealing
This hard floor course covers the knowledge and theoretical skills required to replace a hard floor finish. This process is commonly known within the industry as ‘strip and seal’. This course covers the processes involved in removing the old floor sealer and replacing it with a new protective coating.
To log in to an existing course click here.
In this course, you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Introduction to floor sealers and floor finishes
- Section 2 – Selecting a hard floor care system
- Section 3 – Floor stripping chemicals and equipment
- Section 4 – Site set-up
- Section 5 – Floor stripping procedures
- Section 6 – Floor sealing procedures
- Section 7 – Scrub and re-coat (re-sealing)
- Section 8 – Cleaning and storing equipment
This course covers all required knowledge content for the following competency units:
CPPCLO3002A Restore hard floor surfaces
CPPCLO3003A Replace a hard floor finish
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Hard Floor Stripping and Sealing|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
This course is broken into four (8) sections as follows:
Section 1 – Introduction to floor sealers and floor finishes
- 1.2 History of Floor Finish
- 1.3 Introduction to sealers and sealer finishes
- 1.4 Water and Solvent Based Sealers
- 1.5 What are floor sealers/finishes made of?
- 1.6 Top down drying
- 1.7 Factors affecting drying times
Section 2 – Selecting a hard floor care system
- 2.1 Matching the finish to the maintenance program
- 2.2 Selecting a sealer/finish
- 2.3 Floor care life cycle
Section 3 – Floor stripping chemicals and equipment
- 3.1 Equipment selection – buffers and burnishers
- 3.2 Selection of auto-scrubbing equipment
- 3.3 Equipment floors – mops
- 3.4 Floor pads
- 3.5 Floor stripping chemicals
Section 4 – Site set-up
- 4.1 Floor inspection – when to strip and reseal
- 4.2 Site availability and set-up for stripping and sealing
- 4.3 Setting up your equipment
- 4.4 Preparation for stripping
Section 5 – Floor stripping procedures
- 5.1 Potential hazards when stripping floors
- 5.2 Some important tips & hints when stripping floors
- 5.3 Strip a test area first
- 5.4 Floor stripping procedure
Section 6 – Floor sealing procedures
- 6.1 Setting up your equipment
- 6.2 Applying sealer/finish (sealer) – tips and hints
- 6.3 Appling sealer/finish procedure
Section 7 – Scrub and re-coat (re-sealing)
- 7.1 Scrub and recoat theory
- 7.2 Scrub and recoat preparation
- 7.3 Scrub and recoat procedure
Section 8 – Cleaning and storing equipment
- 8.1 Restore work area to its original layout
- 8.2 Clean & store equipment after stripping and sealing a hard floor
Appendix – Trouble Shooting Floors
Got any queries or questions?
Just call 02 4962 4435 or Email: email@example.com
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.