Support Team Leaders
This course covers the critical skills required for team members to participate in an effective team and support their team leader. Critical areas of effective teamwork include communication skills, being a good team player, providing effective leadership to a team, conflict resolution processes and managing team innovation. The course requires the ability to participate in and facilitate team planning, and promote team commitment and cooperation.
The course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry.
This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the accredited unit of competency, CPPCMN3007 Support leadership in the workplace.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au.
To log in to an existing course click here.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Work in a team
- Section 2 – Communicate effectively
- Section 3 – Provide leadership within the team
- Section 4 – Manage conflict
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Support Team Leaders|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
This course is broken into four (9) sections as follows:
Section 1 – Working in a team
- 1.1 Team development
- 1.2 Establishing team rules
- 1.3 Team Member’s skills and knowledge for successful teamwork
- 1.4 The importance of being a good team player
- 1.5 Establishing the right environment
- 1.6 Encouraging contributions from all team members
- 1.7 Following company policies and procedures
- 1.8 An Award
Section 2 – Communicating effectively
- 2.1 Communication process
- 2.2 Good and poor communicators
- 2.3 Active listening – listening skills of paraphrasing, clarifying and reflecting
- 2.4 How to ask questions
- 2.5 Open questions
- 2.6 Understanding non-verbal communication – body language
- 2.7 Reading body language – non-verbal signs
Section 3 – Providing leadership within the team
- 3.1 Building and supporting the team
- 3.2 Offering opportunities for communication
- 3.3 Supporting team cohesion (togetherness)
- 3.4 Staff development
- 3.5 Coaching and mentoring
- 3.6 Coaching and Learner’s Needs
- 3.7 Adult Learners
- 3.8 Case Study – Training Rosanna in her new job
Section 4 – Managing conflict
- 4.1 Managing conflict
- 4.2 Resolving conflict rationally and effectively
- 4.3 A Conflict Resolution Process
Got any queries or questions?
Just call 02 4962 4435 or Email: email@example.com
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.