This course covers the cleaning of glass surfaces, including windows, in both internal and external situations. The course covers the identification of various types of soil and staining found on windows and the equipment required to clean these soils. The selection of appropriate equipment, chemicals and cleaning methods is essential to performing the task safely and efficiently.
To log in to an existing course click here.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Assess job for window cleaning
- Section 2 – Select Equipment & Chemicals
- Section 3 – Clean windows using a variety of cleaning techniques
- Section 4 – Cleaning site and equipment
This course covers all required knowledge content for the following competency units:
CPPCLO2009A Clean glass surfaces
CPPCLO3036A Clean at high levels
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Window Cleaning|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
This course is broken into four (4) sections as follows:
Section 1 – Assess job for window cleaning
- 1.2 Introduction
- 1.3 Six ways to avoid damaging glass
- 1.4 Assess the site prior to cleaning
- 1.5 WHS and other implications
Section 2 – Select equipment & chemicals
- 2.1 Using ladders for window cleaning
- 2.2 Cleaning windows with telescopic poles
- 2.3 The window squeegee
- 2.4 The Strip Washer (Window washer)
- 2.5 Window cleaning detergent
Section 3 – Perform window cleaning
- 3.1 Internal window cleaning – spot cleaning glass
- 3.2 Washing and squeegeeing windows
- 3.3 The 2 Stroke Window Cleaning Method
- 3.4 The Fanning Squeegee Method
- 3.5 Scraping window glass
- 3.6 Paint Removal Instructions
Section 4 – Cleaning site and equipment
- 4.1 Clean up and restore the site
- 4.2 Dispose of used chemical solutions
- 4.3 Prepare for the next shift
Got any queries or questions?
Just call 02 4962 4435 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.