BSCAA National Newsletter – June 2019
To download the full newsletter please click here: BSCAA National Newsletter June 2019
BSCAA has busy with AGM meetings with Queensland’s held on 17 May, New South Wales held on 7 June, Victoria to be held on 13 June and Nationals being held on 17 June. Further details can be found below.
Recommended Minimum Increase Letter
Each year BSCAA Members receive a ‘recommended minimum increase letter’ to give to their clients. This letter provides an official document on BSCAA letterhead recommending a percentage increase to the costs of providing your cleaning service.
Once all mandatory increases have been released to the public each state will draft a letter and distribute to its members. The letter takes into consideration increases in the following:
- Minimum Wage – 3% increase
- Superannuation Guarantee,
- Workers Compensation,
- Portable Long Service Leave,
- and any other state based Levy
This letter will be released in late June. For further details contact your state:
We Comply is a free service to BSCAA members and contains a full suite of Human Resources and Workplace Health and Safety Policies, Work Method Statements and Procedure templates. For more details visit https://bscaa.com/national/wecomply/
The following articles have recently been added to WeComply:
Working in Remote Locations – Consider the Risk
Cleaners working in remote or otherwise isolated environments, including working in private homes, may be at risk of aggression and violence from other people or situations.
Please see attahced Risk Assessment Checklist / Control Plan which should be completed and actions agreed before sending a person into an unknown or at risk environment.
New changes to Laws governing access to information
On December 18, 2018 the Commonwealth Government rushed in a Bill called the Telecommunications and other Legislation Amendment (Assistance and Access) Bill 2018.
It is about access to encrypted information such as on mobile / smart phones, iPads, computers etc, that must now be accessed if required by law.
This Bill could affect the Cleaning and Security Industries.
Please read the attached for further information.
Defibrillators – Do you need one in the Workplace?
Did you know that death from cardiac arrest is 446 times more likely than death from a fire? Yet all Australian workplaces are required to have smoke alarms and fire extinguishers to reduce the risk of death and injury.
What about defibrillators?
Defibrillators are cheaper and more readily available than ever, but does that mean you need one in the workplace?
Please read the attached for more information.
If you have forgotten your WeComply password please contact your state’s BSCAA Office.
Victoria – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSCAA Victoria Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 13 June at 11 am. It will be held at the GJK Facility Services (Board Room), 135 Cromwell Street, Collingwood Victoria. We are seeking interested parties who would like to make a difference in Victoria. Please contact us on email@example.com or 1300 513 306. Is it your turn to make a difference?
- Annual Wage increase is due for release in July. This will be sent to financial members only. Please make sure you’re financial and your address details are correct too!
New South Wales – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the date! BSCAA NSW Australian Super Excellence Awards will be held in the evening on Friday 11 October 2019 at the Swissotel Sydney. We have secured a band and a fantastic MC for the event. Invitations and nominations will open soon.If you have any queries feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call +61 2 9431 8674
- BSCAA NSW AGM was held on Friday, 7 June at Ecco Ristorante in Drummoyne with 50 people in attendance. Olivia Tyler, Director Sustainable Business Services at Westpac talked about the Modern Slavery Act and how it will impact cleaning contractors and Gerard Foley, Industry Relationship Manager, Industry Distribution, Prevention and Underwriting at iCare gave a presentation in relation to workers compensation and trends in the cleaning industry. Nominations for the appointment as Directors were called and the results were:
- Debbie Delimitros
- Jamie Halfhide
Executive Committee Members
- Denis Boulais
- Sonja Busse
- Terry Corby
- Dean Graoroski
- Nicholas Jenkinson
- Ravindra Naidoo
- Charlie Vasilas
Queensland – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSCAA Qld held their AGM on 23rd May 2019 at the Broncos Leagues Club with guest speakers Jonathan Mamaril, Director, NB Lawyers Lawyers for Employers – “Casuals, perma-flexi and foreshadowed changes for BSCAA members in employment legislation” and Barry Woodger, Business Owner and Sale Expert – “It’s Plain Selling – Secrets of Sales Outperformers & Tips to Sharpen your Sales Skills.”.
BSCAA Qld welcomed their new Board for 2019-2021
- President: Mark Nipper – Sharman Property Services
- Vice-President: Mark Hohn – CMBM Facility Services
- Treasurer: Kim Puxty – 9T’s Asset Management Services
- Director: Brian Ellem – Ellems Cleaning Services
- Director: Joanna Hudson – Vintage Cleaning
- Director: Rod Abbott – NRE Cleaning Services
- Director: Matthew Evans – One Team Clean Cleaning Services
- Director: James Holder – Pickwick Group
- Q&A information session will be held in Brisbane on 27th June 2019 with presenters from CAF – Poonam Datar, CEO, QLeave – Alan Beirne, Workcover Qld – Brendan Kipping. For further details please visit our website https://www.queensland.bscaa.com/event-3404774
- BSCAA Qld’s newest Gold member – NB Lawyers – provides Qld members with in-depth information regarding the Modern Slavery Legislation for further details please click here https://www.lawyersforemployers.com.au/modern-slavery-legislation-employers-what-do-you-need-to-know
- BSCAA Qld welcomes Axiom college as a new Gold member, providing Qld Members with access to cost effective Government Funded Training Qualification – Workplace Traineeships throughout Queensland. Please visit their website http://www.axiomcollege.com.au/
- BSCAA Qld AustralianSuper Excellence Awards will be held on FRIDAY 1st November 2019 at the Victoria Golf Club in the Marquee – 2019 will be bigger and brighter, join us in celebrating our best asset “our cleaners”, enjoy live music, celebrity MC, open bar and plenty of food.
- BSCAA Qld’s AustralianSuper contact is John Simpson, please do not hesitate to contact him if you have any super queries, email@example.com or 1300 300 273. AustralianSuper is the preferred Superannuation fund for the Building Service Industry. To find out when the next Business Briefing is taking place please visit https://www.australiansuper.com/campaigns/business-briefing
South Australia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To tender for Government contracts in South Australia visit the ‘SA Tender and Contracts’ website and register: https://www.tenders.sa.gov.au/welcome
Western Australia – email@example.com
- WA held their AGM and the following were appointed to the board for 2 years.
- Lyn Whelan – President – Charles Service Company
- Simon Herbert – Delron Group
- John Cionci – Iconic Property Services
- Alison Leaver – Du Clene
- Shelly O’Brien – Allclean Property Services
- Allan Brooks – Statewide Cleaning Supplies
Tasmania – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasmanian Government Tenders – Browse Tenders or Register for eTendering here!