BSCAA National Newsletter – March 2019
To download the full newsletter please click here: BSCAA National Newsletter March 2019
BSCAA have recently introduced a new member benefit ‘Bizversity’. An intranet website like no other, dedicated to teaching business differently. At BSCAA, we have recognised that our members want to educate themselves in a fast-paced and user friendly manner and Bizversity is the answer! All BSCAA Members will have access to this priceless benefit and business education from around the world.
All full BSCAA members have now received an email from their state about this benefit. If your email has not arrived please contact your state office.
Regional Queensland Roadshow
BSCAA Queensland would like to thank all the attendees at our regional Queensland roadshow which was held from 18-20 February 2019 in Mackay, Townsville and Cairns.
The following speakers presented on the roadshow:
• Alan Beirne from QLeave – Portable Long Service Leave, who discussed in detail the QLeave responsibilities as an employer.
• Marcus Chew from the ATO, who discussed the taxable payments reporting system extension to cleaners.
• Mark Diamond from the Workplace advisory group, who works closely with BSCAA on industrial relations inquiries from members and government submissions.
• Todd Cripps from Fair Work, who discussed recognising the difference between employees and independent contractors.
• Brendan Power from Daniels and Associates, who presented an update on BSCAA online training.
• And lastly Gavan McGuane who is a safety advocate for Workplace Health and Safety Queensland. Unfortunately a serious workplace accident permanently changed the course of Gavans’ life, leaving him with only 20% vision in one eye. Now he visits Queensland businesses as a safety advocate to increase awareness of the importance of workplace health and safety, and highlights the personal impacts that an injury can have on workers and their families. Gavan shared his story to prevent anyone else having to experience what he went through. Read more about Gavan here
We Comply is a free service to BSCAA members and contains a full suite of Human Resources and Workplace Health and Safety Policies, Work Method Statements and Procedure templates. For more details visit https://bscaa.com/national/wecomply/
The following article has been added to WeComply:
Refresher Training: Child Safety in the Workplace
Children in public places are drawn to anything they can touch, ride on or play with. Spray cans, ride on scrubbers, electrical equipment are all kid magnets.
Use the ‘Child Safety in the Workplace’ training package to remind supervisors when scheduling work, and cleaners when working to avoid situations that could cause harm.
Child Safety in the Workplace
If you have forgotten your WeComply password please contact your state’s BSCAA Office.