BSCAA National Newsletter – May 2019
2019 Federal Elections are taking place on 18 May 2019.
Please see the AEC website for more information
We Comply is a free service to BSCAA members and contains a full suite of Human Resources and Workplace Health and Safety Policies, Work Method Statements and Procedure templates. For more details visit https://bscaa.com/national/wecomply/
The following article has been added to WeComply:
New changes to Laws governing access to information
On December 18, 2018 the Commonwealth Government rushed in a Bill called the Telecommunications and other Legislation Amendment (Assistance and Access) Bill 2018.It is about access to encrypted information such as on mobile / smart phones, iPads, computers etc, that must now be accessed if required by law.This Bill could affect the Cleaning and Security Industries.Please read the attached for further information.New changes to laws governing access to information could affect the cleaning and security industries
An Infection Control Procedure has been added to the Risk Management Section of WeComply.You can also access the procedure here:Infection Control Procedure
If you have forgotten your WeComply password please contact your state’s BSCAA Office.
Victoria – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The end of the year is around the corner and it’s important to ensure you meet all the requirements for your business. Are you ready for end of the financial year? The Australian Taxation Office provides free regional and city venues… book now and make sure your ready.
Employer Essentials and Tax Essential workshops… Click here to read moreATO also have free online support:
If you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.com
Other upcoming dates
If you are interested in working with Victorian BSCAA please, firstname.lastname@example.org 1300 513 306. We are here to support you!
- Save the date – BSCAA NSW AGM – 7 June 2019
BSCAA NSW will be hosting its Annual General Meeting next month on Friday, 7 June atEcco Ristorantein Drummoyne.We will have more details for you shortly including speakers and program.Have a great weekend National BSCAA and if you have any queries feel free to contact us email@example.com call +61 2 9431 8674.
- The Qleave team have been working hard to assist members to understand the Portable Long Service Leave Scheme and have since July 2018 visited over 900 sites and supported industry events meeting workers and employers.
BSCAA Qld AGMwill be held on Friday 17thMay 2019 at the Broncos Leagues Club. Book your tickets now!
- BSCAA Qld AustralianSuper Excellence Awardswill be held on FRIDAY 1stNovember 2019 at the Victoria Golf Club in the Marquee – 2019 will be bigger and brighter, join us in celebrating our best asset “our cleaners”, enjoy live music, celebrity MC, open bar and plenty of food.
- Educational Seminar will be held in July – stay posted for further information.
- To tender for Government contracts in South Australia visit the ‘SA Tender and Contracts’ website and register: https://www.tenders.sa.gov.au/welcome
Western Australia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you visited the Small Business Development Corporation website: https://www.smallbusiness.wa.gov.au/. They host workshops, have templates, guides and tools available to help you.
Tasmania – email@example.com
- Tasmanian Government Tenders– Browse Tenders or Register for eTendering here!