BSCAA National Newsletter – October 2018
On behalf of all BSCAA members BSCAA National has made a submission on designing a modern Australian Business Number system. As we understand it, the government is considering: (i) Changing the ABN entitlement rules or increasing the intensity of entitlement checks before an ABN is issued (or both); and (ii) Introducing conditions so that a failure of compliance with those conditions may lead to an ABN cancellation; and (iii) Mandating ABN display/verification through the New Payments Platform and similar digital reform; and (iv) Mandating ABN renewal together with an associated fee structure. The submission has now been finalised. Please click here to view it.
ATO have confirmed that the Government has extended the Taxable Payments Reporting System (TPRS) to the cleaning and courier industries. This was will take effect from 1 July 2018. The TPRS acts as a tax integrity measure to ensure payments made to contractors are reported to the ATO in a similar manner to salary and wages payments to employees. This greatly increases the ATO’s ability to use data matching to track payments being received by contractors in the industry. The first report under the extended regime will be due for lodgement on 28th August 2019.
BSCAA National also welcomed its newest Diamond Business Partner: Tennant. Tennant products include equipment used to maintain indoor and outdoor surfaces, as well as TennantTrue®, equipment parts, service, and maintenance to help ensure superior cleaning performance from your Tennant machines.
1800 266 843
Victoria – email@example.com
- Victorian Division – new contact number 1300 513 306
- 2018 Docklands Networking Event – Bookings to open shortly keep an eye out for the events page update. Sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and if you don’t want to miss out send through your email to be added for the event launch.
New South Wales – email@example.com
- BSCAA NSW Excellence Awards will be presented at the AustralianSuper Excellence Awards Luncheon on 16 November 2018 at Dockside, Darling Harbour. BSCAA NSW invite Cleaning and SEcurity Companies in NSW to enter submissions in one or more of the categories. NOMINATIONS CLOSE 22 OCTOBER 2018
Queensland – firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSCAA Qld are pleased to promote Workcover Qld’s Injury Prevention & Safety in cleaning which is available on their website – https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/injury-prevention-safety/workplace-hazards/slips-trips-and-falls/cleaning
- The Information Session held on 20th September was well received with 40 attendees – BSCAA Qld wishes to thank their three guest speakers being the Labour Hire Licencing Team, ATO who discussed the Taxable Payments Reporting System and QLeave.
- SAVE THE DATE ~ The Qld AustralianSuper Excellence Awards – Friday 16th November, 6.30pm at Victoria Park in Brisbane, MC – Richard Champion, Live band – The Wild Card Trio. Click here to book your tickets
- North Qld Roadshow proudly sponsored by QLeave is scheduled for mid-February 2019. Keep an eye on our upcoming events page for updates.
- BSCAA Qld AGM will be held on Thursday 16th May 2019 – election of new Qld President and Board Directors.
South Australia – email@example.com
- SA members are successfully winning tenders with Local Councils and Aldi stores around Australia.
- BSCAA SA met with AustralianSuper to discuss further ways to assist SA members.
Western Australia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA are holding a presentation by the Australian Taxation Office on the Taxable Payments Reporting System extension for Cleaners on November 6th 2018.
Tasmania – email@example.com
- BSCAA Tasmania’s Excellence Awards will be held on Saturday 16th March 2019 in Launceston.
The Head of Procurement for the Tasmanian Education Department was a guest speaker at the recent board meeting. Strategies to stamp out sham contracting were discussed.