Code of Practice
BSCAA members undertake to promote our code of ethical practice in all
of their business dealings, seeing them:
- Abide by the rules and regulations, aims, and objectives of the Building Service Contractors Association of Australia.
- Promote the Association in the interests of the industry and the community.
- Members shall not intentionally disseminate false or misleading information, whether written, spoken or implied, nor engage in false, misleading or deceptive conduct or otherwise bring the BSCAA into disrepute.
- Members shall help to improve the body of knowledge of the profession by participating in industry related programs designed to raise the standard of service delivery.
- All stakeholders who engage with the industry are treated with respect, equal opportunity and that the workplace is free from harassment, violence, discrimination and bullying.
- Freedom of association and workers right to join a union is recognised.
- Subcontractors are engaged ethically and the employment conditions provided are no less favourable than those afforded by direct employment.
- Remuneration must be at levels that enable a contractor to meet all of their statutory obligations according to specified industrial instrument and relevant legislation.
- Promotes and supports learning environments which maintain high professional standards in the delivery of assessment and training services, and which safeguard the educational interests and welfare of all stakeholders.
- Considers the environmental impact of business activity and develops sustainable practices that reduce our carbon footprint.
- Considers the impact of modern day slavery in all purchasing decisions.