Some 35,000 cleaners are employed in NSW and the Association’s member companies represent over 80% of the NSW market. As a member of the BSCAA Cleaning Division you will receive a range of benefits including information, advice and assistance from our staff. Some of the member benefits include:
- Regular updates on changes to legislation and other regulations which effect your industry,
- Advice to understanding the correct application and complexities of the Cleaning Service Award 2010;
- Interpretation of Cleaning Services Award 2010 transitional arrangements,
- Documentation and advice on statutory provisions of employment included in and the National Employment Standards, such as entitlements to various leave provisions, hours of work, unfair dismissal, equal employment opportunity, Worker’s Compensation, Superannuation, termination and redundancy, etc.
- Interpretation of the different types of employment, including permanent, casual, permanent part-time, penalties;
- Payroll advice and wage rates interpretation, including when allowances for broken shifts , meal and travel, etc. are applicable,
- Information and registration requirements for the new Portable Long Service Leave Scheme,
- Cleaning industry quoting and costing guide, including the contract process and tendering and how to calculate the labour costs,
- WH&S tools, including your legal responsibilities and Duty of Care, Fitness for Work Policy and updates on new WH&S legislation and what they mean to your business.
- Access to the Members Only section of our website.
Modern Award for the Cleaning Industry
The Cleaning Services Award 2010 for the cleaning industry took effect from 1 January 2010, and operates nationally.
All employers are required to make available to their employees a copy of the relevant award and a copy of the National Employment Standards . All new employees must be provided with a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement.
A full list of our member resources can be found in the Members Only section.
A full range of resources specifically developed to assist you in running your business, some of which include:
- Safety for cleaners in waste management
- Fitness for Work Policy
- A Guide to Quoting and Costing in the Cleaning Industry
- Harmonisation of the OH&S Legislation
- Environmental Policy
To see the full range of resources visit the Members Only section.