The BSCAA NSW Security Division represents over 280 member companies and its members enjoy the following benefits:
- Regular updates on changes to legislation and other regulations which affect you industry;
- Interpretation of Security Services Industry Award 2010, Security Industry Act and Security Industry Regulations.
- Documentation and advice on statutory provisions and the National Employment Standards, such as entitlements to various leave provisions, hours of work, unfair dismissal, equal employment opportunity, Worker’s Compensation, Superannuation, termination and redundancy, etc.
- Interpretation of the differences in types of employment, including permanent, casual, permanent part-time, penalties;
- Payroll advice and comprehensive BSCAA Wage Rates Schedules,
- WH&S tools, including your legal responsibilities and Duty of Care, Fitness for Work Policy and updates on new WH&S legislation and what they mean to your business.
- Access to the Members Only section of our website.
Security Industry of NSW
The security industry in NSW is governed by the Security Industry Act 1997 and the Security Industry Regulations 2007 . The Security Licensing & Enforcement Directorate (SLED) is responsible for the administration of the Act and Regulations.
Modern Award for the Security Industry
The Security Services Industry Award 2010 for the security industry took effect from 1 January 2010, and operates nationally.
All employers are required to make available to their employees a copy of the relevant award and a copy of the National Employment Standards . All new employees must be provided with a copy of the Fair Work Information Statement.
For Information regarding training requirements for the security industry visit the SLED website.
The following BSCAA member is an Approved Training Organisation:
- Allegiance Investigations & Security Services, M/L No. 40539898, P: 9905 9193
A full range of resources for members ,specifically developed to assist you in running your business, some of which include:
- Updated WH&S system including Induction manual for employees , designed specifically for security companies
- Fitness For Work Policy
- BSCAA Security Services Industry Award 2010 Wage Schedules
To see the full range of resources visit the Members Only section.