Carpet Cleaning Hot Water Extraction
Restorative carpet cleaning is the most technically challenging aspect of cleaning operations and is frequently performed by dedicated and specialised professionals. For people new to carpet cleaning you should complete the course “Introduction to Carpet Cleaning” before starting this course.
To log in to an existing course click here.
This Carpet cleaning course covers an introduction to carpet fibres and carpet construction; soiling and carpet maintenance; introduction to cleaning chemistry and stain removal; carpet cleaning variables; carpet cleaning restoration techniques and common carpet problems.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Understanding Carpet
- Section 2 – Soiling and carpet maintenance
- Section 3 – Cleaning chemistry
- Section 4 – Stain Identification and removal
- Section 5 – Carpet cleaning variables
- Section 6 – Equipment and site set-up
- Section 7 – Carpet cleaning methods
- Section 8 – Trouble shooting carpet cleaning problems
- Section 9 – Clean and store equipment
This course covers all required knowledge content for the following competency units:
CPPCCL2001A Use hot water extraction
CPPCCL2002A Use bonnet cleaning
CPPCCL2003A Use dry foam shampoo
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Carpet Cleaning Hot Water Extraction|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
This course is broken into four (9) sections as follows:
1.1 Section 1 – Understanding Carpet
- 1.2 A brief history of carpets
- 1.3 Reasons for Carpet cleaning
- 1.4 Understanding carpets
- 1.5 Carpet construction
- 1.6 Carpet Pile types
- 1.7 Carpet fibres
- 1.8 Carpet Fibre identification
- 1.9 Carpet Installation
- 1.10 Carpet appearance problems
- 1.11 Carpet Damage
Section 2 – Soiling and carpet maintenance
- 2.1 How Carpet Soils
- 2.2 Types of soils
- 2.3 Types of Soil found in Carpets
- 2.4 Planning an effective carpet maintenance program
- 2.5 Why develop a Carpet maintenance program
- 2.6 Developing a Carpet Maintenance Program
- 2.7 Preventive maintenance – Entrance Matting
- 2.8 Indoor Air Quality
Section 3 – Cleaning chemistry
- 3.1 What is Water?
- 3.2 The pH Scale
- 3.3 Acids and alkalis (bases)
- 3.4 Chemical Ingredients important to carpet cleaning
- 3.5 Soil Removal
- 3.6 The law of mass cleaning action (stain removal)
Section 4 – Stain Identification and removal
- 4.1 Stain Identification – LFS
- 4.2 Stains and Spots and the customer
- 4.3 General guidelines for preparing chemicals & PPE
- 4.4 Removing Stains from Carpets
- 4.5 stain removal guide
Section 5 – Carpet cleaning variables
- 5.1 Five Principals of Carpet Cleaning
- 5.2 Correct detergent use
- 5.3 Correct water use
- 5.4 Agitation
Section 6 – Equipment and site set-up
- 6.1 Equipment and chemical required for clean carpets
- 6.2 Types of Water Extraction Equipment
- 6.3 Important Safety Instructions when using cleaning equipment
- 6.4 Ergonomics – making it easier on the body
- 6.5 Water Extraction – Site Set-up
Section 7 – Carpet cleaning methods
- 7.1 Hot Water Extraction Cleaning
- 7.2 Using a Self-Contained extraction Unit
- 7.3 Bonnet Cleaning
- 7.4 Rotary Shampoo
- 7.5 Drying and grooming
Section 8 – Trouble shooting carpet cleaning problems
- 8.1 Problems Related to Improper Cleaning
- 8.2 Equipment Diagnostics for Hot Water Extractors
- 8.3 Diagnosing Extraction Cleaning Problems
Section 9 – Clean and store equipment
- 9.1 Replace furniture and restore room
- 9.2 Cleaning and Storing Equipment
- 9.3 Prepare for the Next Shift
Got any queries or questions?
Just call 02 4962 4435 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.