Hard Floor Cleaning
Hard floor cleaning along with carpet cleaning are the most diverse and technically challenging aspects of cleaning. We can all pick up and mop and bucket and learn to clean a floor within 30 minutes, there is a lot more to know about hard floors and a lot more to learn than just mopping a dirty floor.
To log in to an existing course click here.
This introductory course for hard floors covers all the basic processes and machinery involved in cleaning hard floors. Stripping and refinishing of hard floor finishes and recoating hard floor finishes is covered in the course “Replace a hard floor finish”.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Understanding hard floors
- Section 2 – Preparing for Cleaning
- Section 3 – Cleaning Loose Soils
- Section 4 – Cleaning Oily Soils
- Section 5 – Buffing, Burnishing and Deep Scrubbing
- Section 6 – Floor Cleaning Pads and Brushes
- Section 7 – Restore work area, clean and store equipment
This course covers all required knowledge content for the following competency units:
CPPCLO2001A Maintain hard floor surfaces
CPPCLO3002A Restore hard floor surfaces
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Hard Floor Cleaning|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
Section 1 – Understanding hard floors
- 1.2 Identify types of flooring materials
- 1.3 Resilient Floors
- 1.4 Non Resilient Floors
- 1.5 Timber Floors
- 1.6 Identify condition of hard floors
Section 2 – Preparing for Cleaning
- 2.1 How to organise your access
- 2.2 Using barricades and warning signs
- 2.3 Preparing chemicals & PPE
- 2.4 Safety problems with electrical equipment
- 2.5 Hard Floor Cleaning Equipment
- 2.6 Hard Floor Cleaning Process
Section 3 – Cleaning Loose Soils
- 3.1 Sweeping with a Broom
- 3.2 Sweeping with a Friction Drive Sweeper
- 3.3 Dust Mopping
Section 4 – Cleaning Oily Soils
- 4.1 Small Areas – Damp Mopping
- 4.2 How to mop
- 4.3 Replacing dirty mop water and mop heads
- 4.4 Cleaning with microfibre
- 4.5 Large Areas – Auto-scrubbing
- 4.6 Auto-scrubbers – Important daily maintenance
- 4.7 Maintaining batteries on auto-scrubbing machines
Section 5 – Buffing, Burnishing and Deep Scrubbing
- 5.1 Polished floors
- 5.2 Buffing/Burnishing polished floors
- 5.3 Using a buffing/burnishing machine
- 5.4 Swing Polishers (Buffers)
- 5.5 Swing Polisher – some additional tips:
- 5.6 How to use a swing polisher
- 5.7 Spray Buffing
Section 6 – Floor Cleaning Pads and Brushes
- 6.1 Floor Cleaning Pads
- 6.2 Floor Cleaning Brushes
Section 7 – Restore work area, clean and store equipment
- 7.1 Restore work area to its original layout
- 7.2 Clean & store equipment
- 7.3 Prepare for the next shift
Got any queries or questions?
Just call02 4962 4435 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.