Introduction to Carpet Cleaning (Daily Maintenance)
This introductory carpet cleaning course covers the carpet cleaning tasks involved in routine or regular maintenance of carpeted floors; and in particular vacuuming and simple stain removal. It requires the ability to assess the extent of cleaning required to meet client requirements. Selecting the appropriate equipment, chemicals and methods is essential to performing the task safely and efficiently.
To log in to an existing course click here.
In this course you will learn the following:
- Section 1 – Carpet construction and fibres
- Section 2 – Identify soils and condition of carpet
- Section 3 – Equipment selection – vacuum cleaners
- Section 4 – Safe and efficient vacuuming techniques
- Section 5 – Stain Removal
- Section 6 – Restore work, clean and store equipment
This course covers all required knowledge content for the following competency units:
CPPCLO2004A Maintain carpeted floors
CPPCCL2007A Perform basic stain removal
|Cost||$29.70 (incl. GST)|
|Unit code & name||Introduction to Carpet Cleaning (Daily Maintenance)|
|Delivery||100% online, no classroom or assignments.|
|Time||3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced|
|Payment||Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.|
How long? It takes 3 minutes to enrol and pay. The course takes 4-6 hours to complete depending on your existing knowledge. No need to finish the course in one session! Log in and out as many times as you like, the system remembers where you are up to.
How does it work? Click “Start Course Now” button, enter your details, and proceed to the payment page and pay. After payment, you are given immediate access to your “My Training”. Simply click on the name of the course when you are ready to start. No need to wait for an email with log in details.
The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. Please read “How will I be assessed” for more details on assessment.
Who should do this course? This course is for anyone working in the cleaning industry or looking for work in the cleaning industry.
How will I be assessed? The course is broken into sections. At the end of each section is an assessment. You are required to study each section in sequence and answer every question correctly to be deemed competent. You are required to answer ALL questions in ALL sections correctly to be deemed competent in this subject.
How assessment works:
- Read the question;
- Select your answer/s from the selection of answers given;
- Press “Submit”;
- Move onto the next question;
- At the end of the questions, you will receive the result of your assessment.
If you answer all questions correctly, you will progress to the next section. If you answer any questions incorrectly, you will be given feedback on which question you answered incorrectly. You will then be returned to the beginning of the learning materials for the section to review and attempt the assessment again. You can review the learning materials during the assessment.
How to Enrol
Step 1 – Enrol in and pay for this online course.
Step 2 – Complete the online course
Step 3 – Send a copy of your identification to:
You are required to verify your identity before we issue your certificate.
Your certificate emailed within 2 business days of receipt of your identification
Step 4 – Wait two (2) business days for your certificate to be emailed.
Section 1- Carpet construction and fibres
- 1.2 Introduction – a brief history of carpets
- 1.3 Carpet construction
- 1.4 Carpet styles
- 1.5 Carpet Styles – Cut pile styles
- 1.6 Carpet Styles – Loop pile styles
- 1.7 Carpet fibres
Section 2 – Identify soils and condition of carpet
- 2.1 How Carpet Soils
- 2.2 Types of soils
- 2.3 Planning an effective carpet maintenance program
- 2.4 Why develop a Carpet maintenance program
- 2.5 Developing a Carpet Maintenance Program
- 2.6 Preventive maintenance – Entrance Matting
Section 3 – Equipment selection – vacuum cleaners
- 3.1 History of the vacuum cleaner
- 3.2 Selecting a vacuum cleaner
- 3.3 Types of commercial vacuum cleaners
- 3.4 Understanding vacuum filtration
Section 4 – Safe and efficient vacuuming techniques
- 4.1 Using a backpack vacuum
- 4.2 How to wear a backpack vacuum
- 4.3 How to vacuum an office efficiently
- 4.4 Operate right and protect your back
Section 5 – Stain Removal
- 5.1 Spills and accidents on carpets
- 5.2 Stain Identification – LFS
- 5.3 Stain Removal Variables
- 5.4 General guidelines for preparing chemicals & PPE
- 5.5 Removing Stains from Carpets
- 5.6 Stain removal guide
- 5.7 Evaluate and report results
Section 6 – Restore work, clean and store equipment
- 6.1 Restore work area to its original layout
- 6.2 Clean and store equipment
- 6.3 Vacuum cleaners
- 6.4 Dispose of chemicals
- 6.5 Prepare for the next shift
Got any queries or questions?
Just call 02 4962 4435 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this course you will learn the following:
This course is copyrighted by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” who have provided online & in-house training since 2003. All training and assessment by “The Daniels Associates of Australasia” RTO # 30957.