Clinical Cleaning (Infectious Cleaning)
This course has been modified from clinical cleaning procedures used in health care facilities. The course includes procedures for cleaning in infectious areas where there is a high risk of environmental surfaces contamination by an infective agent (harmful germs) which could be readily transmitted (spread) from person to person visa coughing or sneezing and from contamination of surfaces, an infected carrier (person with illness) has touched, and contaminated with their infectious germs.
Where possible the language throughout this course has been modified to cater for cleaning and environmental services staff, a significant number for whom English is their second language.
This course provides information on cleaning standards that may be required during an outbreak such as the Corona Virus (now called COVID-19). Cleaning and infection control procedures are the responsibility of the individual facility and where applicable their commercial cleaning company.
This course uses modified cleaning procedures form clinical settings and should not be interpreted as a recommended cleaning standard for any facility or building without seeking further specialist advice. Specialist advice should be sought from persons with expertise in infection control procedures when finalising a clinical cleaning standard for any type of virus outbreak.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Clinical Cleaning (Infectious Cleaning)
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
Section (1) – Role of cleaning in controlling infections
- Introduction to microbes (germs
- How germs enter the body
- Cleaning and microbes (germs)
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Applying cleaning and disinfection procedures
Section (2) – Infection Control and the Environment
- Evidence for cleaning
- Understanding the Chain of Infection
- Susceptible person (host)
- How infections are transmitted
Section (3) – Infection prevention and control
- Standard and Transmission-based precautions
- Personal hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment
- Cough etiquette
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Section (4) – Chemicals and Equipment
- Detergents and Disinfectants
- Cleaning equipment
- Colour coded cleaning equipment
Section (5) – Cleaning Techniques
- Clinical cleaning procedures
- Cleaning and cross infection
- Cleaning High Touch Surfaces
- High-touch surfaces in health care & aged care settings
Section (6) – The Cleaning Schedule (Risk Based Approach)
- Functional areas (Healthcare)
- Contamination of Items (Healthcare)
- Vulnerability of the person/patients to infection
- Frequency of contact with surfaces
- Elements (Fixtures, fittings, furniture)
- Cleaning procedures and the cleaning schedule
Section (7) – Sample transmission-based cleaning procedures
- Sample daily cleaning procedure in Health & Aged Care
- Sample discharge cleaning procedure (Health or Aged Care)
- Sample Transmission based cleaning procedure
Section (8) – Handle and Dispose of Clinical Waste
- Clinical waste
- Sample – Waste removal procedure
- Store and transport waste appropriately
- Dispose of waste according to legislative requirements
Section (9) – Maintain and Store Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning and storing equipment
Dispose of used chemical solutions
Prepare for the next shift
If you have any questions about the training please email email@example.com or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au