Hard Floor Cleaning
Hard floor cleaning along with carpet cleaning are the most diverse and technically challenging aspects of cleaning. We can all pick up and mop and bucket and learn to clean a floor within 30 minutes, there is a lot more to know about hard floors and a lot more to learn than just mopping a dirty floor.
This introductory course for hard floors covers all the basic processes and machinery involved in cleaning hard floors. Stripping and refinishing of hard floor finishes and recoating hard floor finishes is covered in the course “Replace a hard floor finish”.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Hard Floor Cleaning
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
Section 1 – Understanding hard floors
- Identify types of flooring materials
- Resilient Floors
- Non Resilient Floors
- Timber Floors
- Identify condition of hard floors
Section 2 – Preparing for Cleaning
- How to organise your access
- Using barricades and warning signs
- Preparing chemicals & PPE
- Safety problems with electrical equipment
- Hard Floor Cleaning Equipment
- Hard Floor Cleaning Process
Section 3 – Cleaning Loose Soils
- Sweeping with a Broom
- Sweeping with a Friction Drive Sweeper
- Dust Mopping
Section 4 – Cleaning Oily Soils
- Small Areas – Damp Mopping
- How to mop
- Replacing dirty mop water and mop heads
- Cleaning with microfibre
- Large Areas – Auto-scrubbing
- Auto-scrubbers – Important daily maintenance
- Maintaining batteries on auto-scrubbing machines
Section 5 – Buffing, Burnishing and Deep Scrubbing
- Polished floors
- Buffing/Burnishing polished floors
- Using a buffing/burnishing machine
- Swing Polishers (Buffers)
- Swing Polisher – some additional tips:
- How to use a swing polisher
- Spray Buffing
Section 6 – Floor Cleaning Pads and Brushes
- Floor Cleaning Pads
- Floor Cleaning Brushes
Section 7 – Restore work area, clean and store equipment
- Restore work area to its original layout
- Clean & store equipment
- Prepare for the next shift
If you have any questions about the training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au