Hard Floor Stripping & Sealing
This hard floor course covers the knowledge and theoretical skills required to replace a hard floor finish. This process is commonly known within the industry as ‘strip and seal’. This course covers the processes involved in removing the old floor sealer and replacing it with a new protective coating.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Hard Floor Stripping and Sealing
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
Section 1 – Introduction to floor sealers and floor finishes
- History of Floor Finish
- Introduction to sealers and sealer finishes
- Water and Solvent Based Sealers
- What are floor sealers/finishes made of?
- Top down drying
- Factors affecting drying times
Section 2 – Selecting a hard floor care system
- Matching the finish to the maintenance program
- Selecting a sealer/finish
- Floor care life cycle
Section 3 – Floor stripping chemicals and equipment
- Equipment selection – buffers and burnishers
- Selection of auto-scrubbing equipment
- Equipment floors – mops
- Floor pads
- Floor stripping chemicals
Section 4 – Site set-up
- Floor inspection – when to strip and reseal
- Site availability and set-up for stripping and sealing
- Setting up your equipment
- Preparation for stripping
Section 5 – Floor stripping procedures
- Potential hazards when stripping floors
- Some important tips & hints when stripping floors
- Strip a test area first
- Floor stripping procedure
Section 6 – Floor sealing procedures
- Setting up your equipment
- Applying sealer/finish (sealer) – tips and hints
- Appling sealer/finish procedure
Section 7 – Scrub and re-coat (re-sealing)
- Scrub and recoat theory
- Scrub and recoat preparation
- Scrub and recoat procedure
Section 8 – Cleaning and storing equipment
- Restore work area to its original layout
- Clean & store equipment after stripping and sealing a hard floor
Appendix – Trouble Shooting Floors
If you have any questions about the training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au