Introduction to Carpet Cleaning
This introductory carpet cleaning course covers the carpet cleaning tasks involved in routine or regular maintenance of carpeted floors; and in particular vacuuming and simple stain removal. It requires the ability to assess the extent of cleaning required to meet client requirements. Selecting the appropriate equipment, chemicals and methods is essential to performing the task safely and efficiently.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Introduction to Carpet Cleaning (Daily Maintenance)
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
Section 1 – Carpet construction and fibres
- Introduction – a brief history of carpets
- Carpet construction
- Carpet styles
- Carpet Styles – Cut pile styles
- Carpet Styles – Loop pile styles
- Carpet fibres
Section 2 – Identify soils and condition of carpet
- How Carpet Soils
- Types of soils
- Planning an effective carpet maintenance program
- Why develop a Carpet maintenance program
- Developing a Carpet Maintenance Program
- Preventive maintenance – Entrance Matting
Section 3 – Equipment selection – vacuum cleaners
- History of the vacuum cleaner
- Selecting a vacuum cleaner
- Types of commercial vacuum cleaners
- Understanding vacuum filtration
Section 4 – Safe and efficient vacuuming techniques
- Using a backpack vacuum
- How to wear a backpack vacuum
- How to vacuum an office efficiently
- Operate right and protect your back
Section 5 – Stain Removal
- Spills and accidents on carpets
- Stain Identification – LFS
- Stain Removal Variables
- General guidelines for preparing chemicals & PPE
- Removing Stains from Carpets
- Stain removal guide
- Evaluate and report results
Section 6 – Restore work, clean and store equipment
- Restore work area to its original layout
- Clean and store equipment
- Vacuum cleaners
- Dispose of chemicals
- Prepare for the next shift
If you have any questions about the training please email email@example.com or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au