In this course we are going to look at why we clean commercial buildings and the skills required to clean (the how to). This course covers the core competencies in cleaning any type of facility from an office to a school, university, hotel, hospital, retirement village or just about any other type of building or facility. Before introducing you to the “how to skills” we would like you to understand the history of cleaning and the “why do we” of commercial cleaning.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Office Cleaning (Introduction to Professional Cleaning)
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
Section 1 – Introduction
- A Brief History of Cleaning
- Cleaning in the Twentieth Century
- The professional cleaner
- Cleaning methods and procedures
Section 2 – Delivering quality commercial cleaning services
- How do we clean effectively in a limited amount of time?
- Planning your cleaning
- The MUST do’s of Cleaning
- The SHOULD do’s of cleaning
- Routine versus Periodic cleaning
Section 3 – Identify condition of the building
- Common soils
- Role of detergents in cleaning
- Cleaning with microfibre
- Cleaning floors with micro-fibre products
Section 4 – Set-up area, equipment and chemicals
- Organise access for cleaning
- Using barricades and warning signs
- Cleaning equipment, chemicals and PPE
- The Cleaner’s Trolley
- Safety problems with electrical equipment
- Preparing chemicals & PPE
Section 5 – Cleaning offices, furniture, fixtures and fittings
- How to Clean and Dress a Room
- Cleaning methods
- Hong assesses the meeting room
- Hong removes rubbish and litter
- Hong dusts and spot cleans
- Hong dresses the area
Section 6 – Bathroom/Restroom cleaning
- Introduction to microbes (germs)
- How germs enter the body
- Hand Washing
- Cleaning and germs (microbes)
- We are cleaning, not disinfecting
- Colour coding
- Contaminated sharps & needles
- Bathroom cleaning chemicals
- Bathroom Odours – Where they are found
- Bathroom cleaning procedures
- Hong assesses the bathroom room
- Hong cleans the toilets and urinals
- Hong cleans the hand basins mirrors and surrounds
- Hong dresses the restroom
- Weekly clean
- Hongs Restroom Pulse Points – Commonly missed areas
Section 7 – Emptying and removing waste
- Introduction to waste removal
- Health and Safety risks associated with waste
- Odours from waste
- Identification and reporting of hazardous waste
- Different work sites have different requirements
- Mechanical lifting
- Waste Segregation and Recycling:
- Recycled Waste
- Clinical Waste
- Liquid Waste
Section 8 – Clean & store equipment
- Dress the Area, clean and store equipment
- Cleaning and storing equipment
- Dispose of used chemical solutions
- Prepare for the next shift
For information on how the courses work, how to enrol in a course or frequently asked questions CLICK HERE.
If you have any questions about the training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au