Supporting a Green Cleaning Program
This introductory sustainability course covers the knowledge and skills required to participate in environmentally sustainable work practices more commonly known as a ‘Green Cleaning Program’. The course is designed for all staff working in any cleaning operation.
The course teaches students to identify current resource usage in the workplace; understand how to perform a simple site audit to recognise sustainable (green) improvements; eliminate and/or replace hazardous chemicals with less hazardous chemicals; reduce the use of resources and select appropriate chemicals and equipment to support a green cleaning program.
All areas of a cleaning and/or housekeeping program are reviewed and processes for improvement identified for each key area.
Throughout this course emphasis is placed on communicating positive outcomes to the team, management and building occupants. People need to see results and understand improvements to ensure everyone supports the green cleaning program.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Supporting a green cleaning program
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
SECTION (1) – Identify and measure resources – part 1
- Introduction to the environment, sustainability and sustainable work practices
- Environmental legislation
- Getting everyone on board – communicating with everyone
SECTION (2) – Identify and measure resources – part 2
- Establishing your present position – conducting a site audit
- Developing your green cleaning plan
- Prioritising a green cleaning action plan
- Some quick fixes for sustainable buildings
- Identifying environmental hazards
SECTION (3) – Implement & Follow Procedures
- Implementing green cleaning procedures (step 3)
- Reporting and recording environmental breaches
SECTION (4) – Improving environmental performance
- Buying Green
- Continuously communicating your improvements
If you have any questions about the training please email email@example.com or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au