This course covers the cleaning of glass surfaces, including windows, in both internal and external situations. The course covers the identification of various types of soil and staining found on windows and the equipment required to clean these soils. The selection of appropriate equipment, chemicals and cleaning methods is essential to performing the task safely and efficiently.
Cost $29.70 (incl. GST)
Unit code & name Window Cleaning
Delivery 100% online, no classroom or assignments.
Time 3 minutes to enrol, 4-6 hours – self paced
Payment Paypal or Mastercard/Visa through our Eway internet payment facility, internet bank transfer by POLI. Click here to read about POLI.
- Covers employer obligations under WHS legislation in relation to documented staff training.
- Training files are stored for 30 years.
- Missing staff documents can be sourced and re-sent within 48 hours.
- Coupon codes available for BSCAA members.
- BSCAA members are entitled to a 15% discount for their employees.
For Employees & Job Seekers:
- Endorsed by the bscaa and its members as the entry level course to the cleaning industry.
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities at work and how to work safely in the cleaning industry.
Section 1 – Assess job for window cleaning
- Six ways to avoid damaging glass
- Assess the site prior to cleaning
- WHS and other implications
Section 2 – Select equipment & chemicals
- Using ladders for window cleaning
- Cleaning windows with telescopic poles
- The window squeegee
- The Strip Washer (Window washer)
- Window cleaning detergent
Section 3 – Perform window cleaning
- Internal window cleaning – spot cleaning glass
- Washing and squeegeeing windows
- The 2 Stroke Window Cleaning Method
- The Fanning Squeegee Method
- Scraping window glass
- Paint Removal Instructions
Section 4 – Cleaning site and equipment
- Clean up and restore the site
- Dispose of used chemical solutions
- Prepare for the next shift
If you have any questions about the training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 312 970.
This course has been developed in conjunction with Daniels Associates, a leading Registered Training Organisation in the Cleaning Industry. This course is NOT accredited and does NOT lead to a unit of competency. The knowledge gained from this course can be used to support a recognition process for the relevant accredited unit of competency.
For more information visit the Daniels Associates website www.danielsassociates.com.au