BSCAA Member Exclusive Webinar with Mark Diamond, Workplace Advisory Group
IR Law Update
When: Friday 19 May 2023, 11am AEST
BSCAA is pleased to present Mark Diamond, Workplace Advisory Group who will discuss what the new Industrial Relations changes.
This will be our last IR Update for members before we enter the new era of “Secure Jobs and Better Pay” and “Same Job Same Pay” in June.
- Award rates are expected to increase steadily with the next couple of National Wage determinations in the 3% to 4% range.
- Enterprise Agreements, the new laws have made possible agreements under what is known as the Supported Bargaining Stream.
- The legislation for the “Same Job Same Pay” principle has still not been released for public comment but should arrive soon.
- Family and Domestic Violence Leave is now paid for 10 days in each year.
- Sexual Harrassment Laws are in place with Workplace training in Sexual Harrassment needing to be done in 2023 calendar year.
- Wage Theft, the importance of reviewing payroll systems to avoid Award breaches, pay errors, etc.
Members are invited to send any questions for Mark Diamond to firstname.lastname@example.org.